Have you heard? We are hosting a KAL, with some help from Full Moon Fibres!
What kind of KAL you ask? Well, we are calling it Hold Me Double. We've been wanting to do a knit-a-long for a while. And had been looking and wanting to knit some of Stephen Wests marled patterns. So, inspired by that and the year 2022 the Hold Be Double KAL was born! It is all about doubling up, your yarn that is.
The KAL will start February 22, 2022 and end on April 22, 2022.
There will be categories, prizes, inspiration photos/projects, kits, YouTube lives, and sample swatches, just to name a few!
How does it work?
Requirements: you must knit/crochet your project using two or more strands of yarn held together at all times. We will be sharing some pattern ideas on social media and we have created a few lists on Ravelry based on the categories below.
- Choose your category and pattern(s).
- Let us know over on Ravelry that you will be joining us. And yes, you can join with more than one project! And yes, current projects count too! The more the merrier.
- Pick out your yarns. You can book a colour session with Gillian (see below).
- Share your progress. Use social media to share your progress for chances to win prizes. And don't forget to share over on the Ravelry chatter group.
- Join us for Live Streams on Youtube each week!
- Post your FO's in the Ravelry group thread. Share on social media.
- Most importantly - Have Fun!
1. Garments: pullovers, cardigans, pants
3. Small Accessories: hats, cowls, mitts, socks, kids clothes???
4. Slub! Double your chances of winning.
There are going to be so many ways to win! Use the following hashtags on Instagram/Social Media to be entered to win weekly prizes, random prizes, surprise prizes, double prizes and of course...a grand prize. It's going to be great!
More details about prizes as we get closer to the KAL.
We will have a few garment and hat kits made up with Full Moon Fibres Slub.
Full Moon Fibres and Leo & Roxy will also have some Hold Me Double Kits available.
Our resident colour coordinator, Gillian, will be available for some colour choosing sessions. Bring your pattern, or pick one in your session; although we recommend that you browse Ravelry for some ideas before you come in. Then get to work picking your colours!! It could be colour matching yarns, coordinating colours, or creating a fade.
There will be two Colour Choosing options:
1. Let's Dive In
Bring in some of your stash and/or scraps and she will help you create a fade or pick some colours from the store to go with them.
2. A Fresh Start.
Pick out all new colours from the store.
Book Your Session Here
Steady. Fade. Marled. Over the next few weeks we will be sharing some swatches of different yarns held together.
Take your favour pattern and make it double! We're talking yarn wise of course. If you have a sweater pattern that calls for worsted weight you could use 2 strands of DK instead. Of course, you should also swatch to make sure that your gauge it correct.
Two LIVES every week! Yes, double the LIVES!
Little Red Mitten and Full Moon Fibres will each be going LIVE on YouTube once a week. We hope you will join us as we sit and knit a our way through our Hold Me Double projects. Stay tuned for a schedule.
Check out some suggested patterns that use two+ strands.
We have set up several threads on Ravelry for this KAL.
- Sign Up and Introductions (no chatter)
- Overall Chatter Thread
- FO (Finished Object) Thread for each category