Knitting 102- Next Steps with Angie
Now that you know how to cast on, knit, purl, and cast off, let's get you started on a new project - OATS, a simple, snuggly cowl by Tin Can Knits!
Step up your knitting to the next level by following a stitch pattern and working in the round. Other skills builders will include: a more in depth understanding of your stitches, fixing simple mistakes, decoding patterns and how to move forward with the projects you aspire to.
- Students should be comfortable with the knit stitch, the purl stitch and a basic cast-on and bind off ... don't worry if you need reminding. This is a great next step after our Knitting 101 class.
Materials to bring to class
- 200 yards, worsted weight yarn, such as Malabrigo Washted or Cascade 200 Superwash Wave.
- a couple of locking stitch markers
- 5.0mm 16" circular needles, such as ChiaoGoo Bamboo or ChiaoGoo Knit Red
Reminder: Students receive a 10% discount on class materials and most other in-store purchases on their class day. We are happy to guide you to great choices for your class project.
Duration & Format
- 1 x 2.5 hours session
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.