Knitting 101 - The Fundamentals
Knitting 101 with Angie
This class is for the Complete and Utter Beginners! (as well as those that want to brush up on their skills from days gone by) In this extensive beginner class, you’ll learn or come to remember all the fundamentals of knitting! Topics covered include starting a piece of knitting by casting on stitches, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, creating texture through mixing the two stitches, and how to end your knitting by binding off stitches. You will soon be whipping up enviable projects with confidence!
Check out Knitting 102 - Next Steps! Where you will create a beautiful cowl combining your knits and purls, work in the round and further develop your skills of understanding your stitches, fixing simple mistakes and reading patterns.
- None at all
- Class includes a knitting kit with tote bag, needles, yarn, and reference materials.
- Reminder: Students receive a 10% discount on most in-store purchases on their class day. We will happily guide you to a great project you will be comfortable with.
Duration & Format
- 2 x 90 minute sessions (3 hours total)
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.