Weaving 101 with Monika
Learn to weave on a Rigid Heddle Loom. In this 6-hour class, you will learn basic weaving terms, how to set up your rigid heddle loom, and weave a scarf as your first project. Monika will discuss various yarns, finishing, embellishment techniques and how to apply them to a wide range of projects. Some rigid heddle looms are available to rent at an extra cost.
Please contact us with your choice of Cascade 220 Superwash Wave colours before the day of class, if not able to do so we will provide a colour choice for you.
setting up your loom
- warp & weft
- how to create a balance weave
- finishing with fringe
- basic weaving terms
- 2 - 100 g balls of worsted weight yarn Cascade 220 Superwash Wave
- Use of 10" Loom, if needed (Security Deposit required)
Duration & Format
- Two 3 hour in person classes (6 hours total)
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.