Fair Isle Christmas Ornament with Katrina
Learn the basics of stranded knitting while making an intricate looking Christmas ornament that is deceptively easy to knit! Whether you are new to stranded colourwork and want to start with a small project or have knit stranded colourwork before and want to enhance your skills, this class is for you.
In this in-person, 3 hour class you will learn to read a colourwork chart, keep even float tension, and manage your dominant colour, all while knitting in the round. Join us to explore the fun of knitting stranded colourwork by creating your own two colour Christmas ornament.
- Be comfortable with knitting, purling, decreasing, and knitting in the round.
- 3.5mm DPN needles. (Bring needles made from a grippy material if you aren't used to using DPNs. Go down a size (3.25mm) if you are a loose knitter or up a size (3.75mm) of you are a tight knitter.
- Scissors, stitch markers and a darning needle
- Yarn kits available for purchase in store
Duration & Format
- 1 in person class, 3 hours
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.