Fringe Twister 4-clip
Create the perfect twisted fringe or decorative cord. Twist a fringe on scarves, handwoven garments or needlework projects. Twist yarn for embellishing, edging and jewellery. Twist fibre for felting fun.
- Quick and easy
- 4 clips
- Clamp included
- Solid silver beech hardwood
To ply a fringed edge:
- Decide on the number of strands to be included and divide them into two groups.
- Clamp one group each into the clips, and holding the wooden crank in the center, turn crank clockwise until it kinks.
- Holding the ends of each group, remove them from the clips.
- Put both groups in one hand and secure the end of the bundle with an overhand knot.
- Release the bundle to allow the groups to twist around each other counterclockwise.
More About Ashford Wheels & Looms
In 1934 Walter Ashford founded Ashford Handicrafts Ltd, a company that has become a world leader in the manufacture of quality spinning wheels, weaving looms and textile equipment.
Today we, together with our loyal team, have produced over 800,000 wheels and looms.
We use only the finest native New Zealand Silver Beech hardwood, sourced from sustainably-managed forests with Forest Stewardship Council approval.
Our wheels, looms and carders are the result of more than 80 years’ experience, customer feedback, research and development. Available in natural wood or finished with eco-friendly water-based lacquer. They are designed to be simple, easy to assemble and finish and fun to use.
At our woollen mill in Milton, New Zealand, we source and process high quality fleeces and fibres.
Experience the joy and pleasure of creating your own unique yarns, fabric, garments and homeware using our wheels, carders, looms, fibres and yarns. Relax knowing your crafts are sustainable, renewable and environmentally-friendly.
We invite you to join our family of textile artists around the world.