Pattern Free Socks with Katrina
Do you want to knit socks that fit you perfectly? In this class you will learn how to knit a pair of socks that fit you well without a pattern. You will measure your gauge from a homework swatch and then use some basic instructions and measurements to knit a top-down sock that fits comfortably. The goal of this class is to give you the confidence to knit a pair of socks with any yarn and needles without having to use a pattern.
- Must be comfortable with knitting, purling, and decreases. Should be familiar with basic top down sock construction.
Materials (Please bring to class)
- Your gauge swatch ( instructions will be emailed to you at registration)
- 100g ball of yarn in the weight you have chosen
- We suggest a heavier weight (dk or worsted) for this class and please avoid dark colours (so we can all see stitches easily)
- The needles used to create your gauge swatch
- Measuring tape
Duration & Format
- 2 x 2 hour sessions (4 hours)
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.