Thrummed Mittens with Pam
COLD HANDS NO MORE!
During this class we will tackle the thrummed mitten aka "Hand ovens". Learn to make thrums from fibre and incorporate them in your knitted mittens to create the warmest garment that will protect you from the bitter cold of winter.
There is HOMEWORK to be completed before this class so we can delve right into the fun stuff! ( see below )
- Be comfortable with knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, and knitting in the round.
- 100g/220 yards worsted weight yarn & 50 g wool roving
- 4.0mm Double Pointed Needles (or 32" circular if you are already comfortable with magic loop)
- Stitch markers, darning needle
Reminder: Students receive a 10% discount on class materials and most other in-store purchases on their class day.
- Please complete the assigned homework prior to class
- (knit the cuff of your mitten according to the pattern). We will be using Easy Mittens with Thrums which can be found on Ravelry as a free pattern.
Duration & Format
- 1 session (2 hours total)
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.