Pre-Order: Laine Magazine - Issue 18
This issue was so popular we sold out almost immediately! So, we are doing another pre-order!
In Laine Magazine - Issue 18 — called Weekend Getaway — we take time to relax in a little cottage by the forest. The versatile and comfortable knits are suited for both indoors and outdoors, and they are the perfect addition to your wardrobe as the days get colder.
Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Marcela Chang, Melissa Clulow, Emma Ducher, Jenna Kostet, Ksenia Naidyon, Olga Putano, Tiia Reho, Anna Sjösvärd and Julia Wilkens.
Issue 18, Autumn 2023, includes:
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 1 slipover, 1 shawl, 1 hat and 1 pair of mittens.
- An interview with the American knitwear designer and fashion historian Sydney Crabaugh, who specialises in vintage knits and runs her own virtual knitting school.
- An article about Shetland and its knitting traditions, with two inspiring designers — Gudrun Johnston and Mary Jane Mucklestone — as our guides.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Tanis “Akutuq” Simpson, whose company produces yarn from qiviut: a fibre that comes from the undercoat of the muskox.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who gathers experts’ tips on mending your knits.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Nora, who likes to knit on the rooftop of her home in Cologne, Germany.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking.
- Book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Julia Disini, Rastus Hsu, Elena Solier Jansà, Pauliina Leisti, Veronika Lindberg, Marie Régnier, Jacquline Rivera, Lene Tøsti, Maija Vasala, Pope Vergara and Thea Vesterby.
More About Laine Magazine
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.