Intro to Socks
Intro to Socks with Angie
Learn to knit top down socks! In this class you’ll learn all the steps to making a simple top down sock, from cuff to turning that heel and grafting the toe.
Socks can seem daunting to new and even experienced knitters, but we will walk you through the steps one by one on a mini sock so you can feel confident and experience the joys of stress free sock knitting!
Please download Rye by Tin Can Knits prior to class, printed copies will be available during class.
- Comfortable with casting on, knitting, purling and working in the round
Materials (Please bring to class)
- 3.25mm and 3.75mm Double Pointed Needles
(or circulars if you are already comfortable knitting with magic loop)
- Stitch markers in 2 different colours, darning needle
- We will provide 20 grams of worsted yarn for you to work with, if you would like to make a pair of worsted baby socks you are welcome to bring 150 yards of worsted weight yarn appropriate for socks, such as Vintage, Tuffy, or Allegria Grande
Duration & Format
- 1 x 3 hour session
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.