Intro to Lace Knitting with Pam
Try your hand at lace as we work through the Ashton Shawlette by Dee O’Keefe in this two part Intro to Lace Class. Knit in fingering weight or worsted, or even dive right in with lace-weight. We will explore a variety of increases and decreases, learn to read knitting charts with ease, and tackle blocking to get the most beauty out of your lace piece
- Must be comfortable with knitting and purling.
Materials (Please bring to class)
- Laceweight (500-550 yds), Fingering (420-450 yds), or Worsted Weight (400 yds) yarn
- Appropriate sized circular needle for chosen yarn (you may want to bring a variety of needles to allow you to try to reach gauge).
- Scraps of yarn in the same weight to swatch with.
Duration & Format
- 2 x 3 hour sessions (6 hours total)
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.