Intro To Colourwork
Intro to Colourwork with Pam
Are you ready to add colour to your knitting? While knitting the Sweetshop hat by Tin Can Knits, you will learn how to choose a colour palette, hold two strands of yarn, manage your tension and deal with those floats to create projects with endless design and colour possibilities.
Sweetshop Hat by Tin Can Knits, we will send your PDF once your purchase is confirmed. The cost of the pattern is included in the class.
- Must be comfortable knitting in the round on DPNS, Circulars, or Magic Loop.
- Please complete the ribbing of your hat prior to class so that you have optimal time to work on colourwork techniques and discussions.
- 3.25mm and 4mm 16" circulars and DPNs, or 32"-40" for Magic Loop
- DK weight yarn, such as Patagonia, Eco Tweed, or Vintage DK
- Main Colour: 70-150 yards (depending on size and style, please see pattern)
- Contrast Colours: 80 yards total (you may have between 2 and 5 colours)
- add 40 yards if you'd like to create a pom pom when you are finished
- Reminder: Students receive a 10% discount on most in-store purchases on their class day. We will happily guide you to a great project you will be comfortable with.
Duration & Format
- One 2-hour class
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- Class image: Sweetshop Hat courtesy of Tin Can Knits