Crocheting in the Round with Sharon
Now that you know how to crochet a a rectangle, where do you go next? Let's get you working crochet in the round!
Starting from the center out, we will cover starting rings, and how to work in the round flat (think rugs) and the not so flat (think hats, amigurumi, bowls)! So many items can be whipped up in the round, from hats to slippers to rugs and more. This class is a perfect next step in crochet. We will provide a pattern for a customizable hat in class.
- Students should be comfortable creating chains, single crochet, and double crochet. This is a great next step after our Crochet 101 class.
Materials to bring to class
- 100g of a chunky weight yarn (wound in to a ball in advance)
- a couple of locking stitch markers
- 4.50mm - 5.50mm hooks, we can help you choose which you need based on your yarn choice.
Reminder: Students receive a 10% discount on class materials and most other in-store purchases on their class day. We are happy to guide you to great choices for your class project.
Duration & Format
- 1 x 2 hours session
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.