Crochet 102 - Next Steps with Sharon
Now that you know how to crochet a a rectangle, Let's get you increasing and decreasing ON PURPOSE!!!
Ahhh, the ever popular ripple/chevron pattern! There are many variations to choose from to create those waves in crochet and the effect is appealing is all weights of yarns.
This class introduces following crochet charts as well as written pattern instructions. We will delve into increasing and decreasing stitches to create a wavy design, colour changing and how to convert a stitch pattern into an afghan size of your choosing.
Not wanting to commit to a blanket size? That's ok. This is a great scarf pattern, and a wonderful way to use up your scraps of any weight! This class is a great next step in crochet.
- Students should be comfortable creating Chains, Single crochet, and double crochet. This is a great next step after our Crochet 101 class.
Materials to bring to class
- 2 or more colours of smooth worsted - chunky weight yarn (wound in to a ball in advance)
- a couple of locking stitch markers
- 4.50mm - 5.50mm hooks, we can help you choose which you need based on your yarn choice.
Reminder: Students receive a 10% discount on class materials and most other in-store purchases on their class day. We are happy to guide you to great choices for your class project.
Duration & Format
- 1 x 2 hours session
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.