Yarnologie - Volume 4
Volume 4 includes all of the Yarnologie features you know and love:
- Premium quality paper and design, printed locally in Australia using sustainable practices.
- 128 beautiful pages filled with stories, interviews, articles and more from the Australian and New Zealand yarn industry and community.
- Proudly 100% Australian-owned and made.
- Subscribe now to be among the first to receive Volume 4 in May 2023.
Stories in this edition include:
Knit Your Bits ~ we chat with a talented group of women who participated in Women's Health Tasmania's exhibition 'Knit Your Bits'. A big thanks once again to all of the women who shared their personal stories and amazing creativity with us!
Origins of the Granny Square ~ they're making a comeback big time, but when did the first granny square appear? We did some digging to find out!
Know Your Yarn is back once again with a great guide to Yarn Weights, written by crochet designer Joy of Crochet Road
Sydney-based author and travel writer Patricia Bernard is back in Volume 4 with another adventurous story, this time in search of an elusive breed of sheep.
- Plus step into the studio of fibre artist Dominica Wallace, dive into the world of traditional lace knitting with Cath Ward & get to know Jaime of Jaime Creates plus LOADS MORE!
More about Yarnologie
Welcome to Yarnologie – an Australian-based magazine designed to inspire, empower and encourage fellow yarn crafters to try new things, share their creations and just enjoy the goodness of making with yarn.
Yarnologie is about sharing the stories of the people who grow, make and create with beautiful yarn, with an emphasis on natural fibres and sustainable practices.
Yarnologie has always been about supporting their local yarn industry, giving a voice to Australia and New Zealand and tying in with their unique southern hemisphere seasons.
From fibre growers to mills, designers and makers – it’s been an honour and a delight to share the stories of the people who grow, make and create with yarn.
Alongside our interviews and stories, Yarnologie includes articles that educate (such as our popular Know Your Yarn series) and tutorials for both knitting and crochet.
Each issue also includes a How-To tutorial covering everything from complicated stitches to measuring your work with a gauge ruler; a delicious recipe and our popular What’s On section featuring events, markets, workshops & more.