We had our first entries in our 2-Colour Summer Shawl Knit Along this week – you can see photos, below. Remember, there’s still time for you to join in! It could be worth a $25 Little Red Mitten Gift Certificate! Here are the details:
- Knit, weave or crochet a 2 or 3 colour shawl using DK, sport, fingering or laceweight.
- Purchase your yarns from Little Red Mitten on or after June 30, 2015.
- Have your shawl finished and blocked by Sept. 15.
- Either bring in the shawl for photographing or send us a photo.
- All knitters, weavers or crocheters who meet the deadline will earn a ballot that could win them a $25 gift certificate!
- Here are some pretty knitted shawls that we found on Ravelry. You can purchase any of these patterns at LRM and we’ll send them to your Ravelry library or email account: this is the designers’ way of supporting local yarn shops!
- Outlander Shawl by Rachel Roden
- Shawl of Destiny by Ambah
- Stripe Study or Color Affection by Veera Valimaki
- Cladonia and Andrea’s Shawl by Kirsten Kapur
- Dot Shawl by Casapinka
- Nostalgia Shawl by Elena Nodel
- Color it Plaid by Melanie Berg
- Zephyr Cove or Taygete by Romi Hill
I’ve been working on a new shawl design – I’ve finished it in a solid colour and am turning it into a 2-Colour design just so that I can be part of the fun! The pattern should be available this fall, if all goes well. For a sneak peek, see the pink photo, below.
Our first 3 entries are pictured here. The plaid shawl was woven on a rigid heddle loom by Toni W., the blue clamshell shawl was knitted by Jane W., and the 3 shades of green shawl was knitted by Michelle S. Way to go ladies!